QuickBooks application reminds you always with a pop-up message to change your password before the end date of 90 days to ensure your data is safe from cyber threats. With the increasing number of cybercrime data security is the primary requirement for QuickBooks users so one should know how to Reset QuickBooks Password. In order to maintain the privacy of the user’s account changing the password frequently is very essential.
At times, QuickBooks users might face difficulties and users may be Unable to Reset their QuickBooks Administrator Password. This article is all about how to Recover lost passwords for QuickBooks or how to Crack QuickBooks admin passwords. Read the entire article to follow the instructions step by step.
Before you Reset your password to QuickBooks Desktop 2021/ 2022/ 2023 you should always know certain important points.
- Make sure to reset your password without spaces, it’s important that your password should not contain any spaces.
- Follow the correct instructions to create the password, a minimum of 7 characters (letters, numbers, special characters), at least 1 number, a minimum of one uppercase letter, etc.
- You might be seeing an incorrect login screen if your keyboard not functioning correctly, so make sure to check your keyboard.
- You may also face the error while entering the password if the screen is the Administrator login screen and you have a non-admin login.
- Check the Caps lock on your keyboard and space bar while entering the password.
- One of the most important is to reset the password of QuickBooks Desktop at a timely interval to maintain security.
- While creating the password number lock should be off.
Key Information When You Forgot QuickBooks Password
- In order to authenticate the identity, there are certain precautions that the QuickBooks application carries out. The overall process requires certain information which is listed below.
- The license number of QuickBooks (15-digit number)
- You must have the email id of the specific content.
- Your zip code registered with QuickBooks
- Registered contact detail must be available to the user.
- The full registered name of the contact should be present with the user.
- Details should be entered in the same way as they appear on the Intuit account.
- Once all the details are collected, you are all set to change the password.
2 Types of QuickBooks Desktop Password you can reset
You can reset either the QuickBooks admin password or the normal user password. If you are unable to decide which type of process to reset you can check the process given below.
In case you do not have admin credentials and you are not an admin user. In that case, the QuickBooks admin can reset your password for you.
An admin password can be selected in the case: –
- When you may not need to enter a username while signing in to the application.
- Another case is when the user’s name is admin or another admin username you created earlier.
Related Article: How to use QuickBooks Tool Hub to eliminate common errors
Precise Step to Reset QuickBooks Password
Once you are aware of which type of password you need to reset, then follow the steps given below.
Case 1- Steps to Reset your password for QuickBooks Desktop (Administrator)
- When you logged in QuickBooks application, this will automatically create the admin user you may be using another login reference added by the Admin.
- Click on the Company File, and select the Company.
- Now Set-up users and Passwords.
- Enter your current password.
- Type your new password, and confirm it by reinterring the new password.
- Click on the Ok button.
- In case you “forgot your QuickBooks user password“, you can try the below-mentioned tips to Reset your QuickBooks Password.
Reset QuickBooks 2022 Password (Use Challenge Question)
- On the login screen, choose. “I forgot my password”
- Click on “Security Questions” and click on the Ok button.
- A pop-up message appears on your screen. “When you removed the password and challenge answer and question, your company file is no longer password-protected. When you nearby this window, then you create a new password and select and answer your challenge question.” Press the close button.
- Now, open the window and change the QuickBooks password.
- After that, select New Challenge Questions by entering a New Password.
- Finally, click on the Ok button your File will be Open.
QuickBooks Automated Password Reset Tool- Simple way to use it.
- From the Intuit official website, download QuickBooks Password Reset Tool.
- Now, go to the system’s Download folder.
- Double-click on the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery utility.
- Now, press the Browse button and select the company file that is locked.
- Select Next and then Sign in to the email account linked with QuickBooks.
- From Intuit you will get the security code.
- In the Password Reset window, enter the security code.
- Create a new password for the QB Company file and then click on the Next button.
- Wait for some time until the tool reset the password.
- Enter the newly created password in the company file.
- Click on the Ok button, further you can access the company file using the new password.
Note– If you are unable to reset your QuickBooks password with the Automated Password Reset Tool you can use the QuickBooks Password Recovery Tool.
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop, and open the Company File.
- A pop-up screen will appear to enter your password.
- Click on “I forget my password.”
- Fill in the answers to your security questions and click on the Ok button.
- Click on the Close option once you get the Password Removed Window.
- Now, the QuickBooks application will ask you to create a new password and choose the Security Question.
- Fill out the information and click on the Next button.
- Finally using the new password open the QuickBooks Company File.
Reset QuickBooks Password involves certain procedures that we have discussed in today’s article. After going through all the procedures mentioned above, we hope you can easily Reset your password for QuickBooks Desktop. Moreover, You can also reach the QuickBooks Data Services team at +1-888-704-1357 who have expertise overcome QuickBooks-related problems.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Make sure to update the QuickBooks application to the latest version and then try to open the QuickBooks Company File.
No, the QuickBooks application never saves your password details.
The password can have 8-16 characters, it must include at least one uppercase character, one uppercase character, 1 number (0-9), and 1 special character. Your password should not be used in the username, there should not be any spaces in your password.
go to intuit.com website, There on the login page Click on forgot QuickBooks Password and provide all necessary information in order to verify the account and generate a new password.
I would recommend contacting QuickBooks Professional at +1-888-704-1357. The QB Experts will gonna guide you step by step to reset or create a new password for QuickBooks.