Introducing QuickBooks File Doctor
QBFD is basically a simple file repair application that is intended to fix problems that users find while working with the QuickBooks accounting software. QuickBooks 2016 and later editions have this feature incorporated or built-in. QuickBooks has solitarily eased all of the financial requirements of enterprises worldwide. Users may face some problems and troubles while interacting with these tools and functions. These problems and difficulties may hinder QuickBooks’ processing. We can resolve such issues with the help of QBFD.
QuickBooks File Doctor best used for
- One best use of this tool is when QuickBooks is not responding.
- Error H101, H202, H303, and H505 are examples of QuickBooks H series error codes that can be eradicated with QBFD.
- Errors in the QuickBooks 6000 series including Error 6150, QuickBooks Error 6000 82, QuickBooks Error 6000 305, QuickBooks Error 6000 301, QuickBooks Error 6147 and QuickBooks Error 6130 among others.
- Run the file doctor tool if the company file is not opening or jammed.
Requirements to Install QuickBooks File Doctor
- Run the system in admin mode.
- Uninstall any third party program that was used to handle technical problem codes. It helps the file doctor to efficiently discover and handle the QuickBooks issues.
- You should have the .NET Framework installed to download the file doctor utility.
Some Essential Things you need to know before you use QBFD Tool
Below are some points that you need to consider before you use the QuickBooks file doctor:
- Admin credentials are necessary for accessing QBFD tool.
- A 4G or 5G network connection is preferred.
- You should have an actively running version of the QuickBooks in your PC.
- Update QuickBooks to the newest version before you access QBFD.
- Only Windows OS users can access the file doctor tool and not MAC users.
Download and installation
You may quickly get QuickBooks File doctor from Intuit\’s official website, or you can click here to download it directly. Either option is available to you. However, it is now included with QuickBooks Tool Hub so you do not need to download it additionally. If the utility is already installed on your computer or if it was included in the QuickBooks installer package that you downloaded, there is no need for you to download it again. After downloading the tool to your computer, you will need to install it by following these steps.
- Make sure you are logged in as the administrator of your computer.
- Double-click the file that contains the installer (Qbfd.exe).
- Simply clicking the \”Run\” button will let the program be installed on your computer.
- To finish the installation, just follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
- To complete the installation procedure, you need to select the \”Finish\” button from the menu.
- Launch the application, and when prompted to sign in, enter the credentials you use to access QuickBooks.
- When asked to pick between a Host PC and a Workstation, select one of the alternatives that are provided.
The QB File Doctor can now be used, and if there are any errors, you can use this tool to fix them.
How To Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- At first, close your QuickBooks and open the tool hub program.
- Now from the tool hub, choose Company File Issues option.
- Then you can choose Quick Fix my File.
- Once the Quick Fix My File finishes its work, you can click on OK and proceed to the next step.
- Re-open your QuickBooks desktop.
Note: If you’re still receiving an error message, or you are unable to open company file, then we suggest you to run file doctor tool.
- Select the company file issues tab from the tool hub to run QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- After that select the ‘run QBFD’ option. This step might take some time.
- Next in the QuickBooks file doctor, select the company file from the drop down menu. If you are unable to see the file, then you can browse and look for the file.
- Also, you need to choose the file option and hit continue.
- Lastly enter QuickBooks admin password, and click next.
Note -The scan time depends on the file size. when the scan completes, open QuickBooks and the company file.
Steps on how to use QuickBooks File Doctor Stand Alone Version
Below are the steps you can follow to use stand-alone version of QuickBooks file doctor tool:
- You will require most recent version of the QBDT if you want to use stand-alone version of QuickBooks File Doctor.
- If the QB file doctor tool is absent you can download it from the Intuit’s official site.
- After clicking twice on QBFD tool icon perform the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the installation process.
- After the tool is installed you can open it from the windows start menu or from the desktop.
- Next, click on the browse option and conduct a search for the company file that you assume is corrupted. If you find any issues you can start QuickBooks file diagnostics and fix that problem.
- You can also see that there are three options for you to choose from the file doctor tool window . Select the option that you think is more suitable according to your error.
- It is suggested to choose the option first if you are having problems with the both (company file and network as well).
- Go for the second option if you are dealing with company file issues.
- Choose option third if you receive any kind of network-related issues.
- Enter the Company file Admin password if you have and then click Next.
- If you are facing some additional issues then, you need to select between workstation or server option.
- Select the Yes option for the QuickBooks server or else click on the No option, if you are working on QuickBooks workstation.
- QuickBooks file doctor tool efficiently repairs the company file which can be a bit time-consuming.
- Wait for a few time till the file doctor tool completes diagnosing and eradicating the error. Processing time can depend on various factors like company file, connection speed, type of error, your system configuration. Try not to disrupt the process.
- Close file doctor tool after completion of procedure.
Steps on how to use QuickBooks File Doctor Built-In Version (For 2016 & later)
Before knowing the steps for QBFD built in version, below are some important factors about it:
- Windows 10, 8, 7 and MS Server 2003-2012 supports built-in file doctor.
- This tool can be used to fix network and company file errors.
- You can use this tool with QuickBooks desktop versions that are supported in US, UK and Canada.
- It can fix effectively your Corrupted and damaged company files.
- QuickBooks file doctor tool installs .NET framework 2.0 through diagnostic tool , if it’s not present on the desktop.
The versions of QuickBooks accounting software after the year 2015 released by Intuit incorporate the QuickBooks file doctor tool built-in feature. This internal feature can detect and fix the issue on its own. You just have to press the start button and open the QBDT and next, you get to use the tool, which is time-saving and effortless. Below are a few steps that need to be carried out to use this efficient tool:
- Firstly, you need to launch QuickBooks and close all the opened corporate files.
- After that Select the Utilities option from the file menu by clicking on it.
- If you want to run the QuickBooks file doctor tool you have to select the file to repair.
- Next select the browse option, after that search and select the company file that is required to fix and click on the open option.
- From the Show, advanced settings window choose the type of repair you want and then hit the next option.
- Enter the administrator ID and password and then click on next to proceed to the next step.
- In the end, try to launch the company file again after the completion of the diagnosis process.