As we are all familiar, Intuit relinquished the product support after three years, and This article intends to answer all your inquisitive questions. i.e., Will I be able to work with my QuickBooks 2020 after support is quit? What are the services I won’t be able to use with my QB 2020 edition? So I would suggest you read this article till the end.
Are you using QuickBooks Desktop 2020 and Now Planning to switch to the latest QuickBooks 2023 Edition? If yes, Please step ahead and Dial the most renowned QuickBooks Data Migration Services provider helpline number +1-888-704-1357.
When Will QuickBooks 2020 be Discontinued?
From 1st June 2023, QuickBooks Desktop 2020 will become an obsolete edition. Discontinuation Will affect all following versions: QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions v20, Desktop Premier, and Pro. If you\’re not using any \”Add-on\” Service, So your QuickBooks will work fine. Still, You will not have the privilege of getting Live technical support and other Additional Services of QuickBooks, such as Newly released security features and updates. Moreover, QuickBooks Desktop For windows will have more services that will be discontinued.
What is meant by Services Discontinuation?
According to Intuit, They shut down their QBD after three years, and here are some services you can no longer use after QuickBooks 2020 End of Life.
- Online Backup Service.
- Won\’t be able to use Payroll Service.
- Technical Support.
- Data Service Support.
- Will not receive updates and security patches.
- Payments Services.
- Time Sheet Service.
- Mobile Sync feature.
- Intuit Store exchange service.
Note: If you receive any updates before End of Life QuickBooks Desktop 2020, please install them.
Products affected after QuickBooks 2020 end-of Support Date?
Here is the List of Products that will become unsupported by Intuit after 31st May 2023.
- QuickBooks Pro 2020.
- QuickBooks Premier 2020 (Contractor, General Business, Nonprofit, Manufacturing and Wholesale, Retail, and Professional Services.).
- QuickBooks Enterprise 2020.
- QuickBooks Premier Accountant version 2020
- QuickBooks Enterprise Accountant Edition 2020
- QuickBooks Desktop Mac 2020.
What are the best courses of action to tackle QuickBooks Desktop 2020 Discontinuation?
If you\’re anxious and now looking for what to do after QuickBooks 2020 product support end, here we have composed the best action to avoid hampering your business process.
Move to QuickBooks Desktop 2023 Edtion
QuickBooks 2020 Edition to 2023 Migration process goes flawlessly, that is our priority. Here are the things you should consider when you commence migration.
Install QuickBooks Desktop 2023
- First of all, You should Visit \”Intuit.com\” to purchase QuickBooks 2023 License.
- Next, Download QuickBooks 2023 \”Setup.exe\” file.
- Double Click on the \”Setup.exe\” file to begin the installation process.
- Follow the \”on-screen\” installation instructions.
- Next, Accept the QBD \”License Agreement\” and then Click on \”Next\”.
- Enter the Product Details i.e(Product number and License number).
Note: If you have purchased QuickBooks Digital License, then you would probably receive the Product and License number by Email.
- Once the installation of QuickBooks Desktop 2023 is completed, simply Click on Finish.
Make Ready your Company File for QuickBooks 2022 or 2023
In This step, we will help you to prepare your company file for upgrading QuickBooks 2023.
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop program.
- Next, Click on the \”File\” Menu, Next Choose the \”Utilities\” option, and lastly select \”Rebuild Data.
- Afterward, Select the company file and then click on Run.
Upgrade your company file for QuickBooks 2022 or 2023
The first time you open your company file in a newer version of QuickBooks, it prompts you to update. Remember that after you upgrade QuickBooks, you won\’t be able to access your company file in the older version.
- Make sure that everyone has closed the company file.
- Launch the latest QuickBooks Desktop version.
- If you don\’t have a company file opened, choose Open or Restore Company. You can also choose Open or Restore Company from the File menu.
- Next, after choosing Open a company file. Choose Restore a backup copy and then Local backup if you have a backup company file (QBB) rather than a company file (QBW).
- Find your company files into your PC. After selecting it, click on Open.
Point to Note: Open File Explorer from the Windows Start menu if you can\’t find your corporate file there. Your company file can be found by name or by the.qbw file extension.
Check to see if it is hidden if you are still unable to locate it.
- Log in as the admin user of your company file.
- QuickBooks automatically makes a backup of your current company file before you upgrade. If you want to save the backup in a certain folder, choose to Change this default location.
- For the upgrade to begin, choose Update Now.
- Select Done when QuickBooks is finished.
This article surely assists you in tackling QuickBooks 2023 Discontinued problem. However, if anyone is facing a challenge in upgrading their QuickBooks version, Well, in that case, You may contact QuickBooks Data Services experts Toll-Free Helpline number +1-888-704-1357.
Frequently asked questions on End of QuickBooks 2020 Support
What happens If I don’t upgrade my QuickBooks 2022 after the end of support?
An outdated QuickBooks version is prone to cause various errors. Besides errors, you will not receive security and updates patches.
Do I need to upgrade my Computer/workstation For the new QuickBooks version?
It Depends on all your Workstation or computer configuration. If it has above 8th gen intel CPU and has 8Gb ram, then all is well with QuickBooks 2023.
Is Upgrading the QuickBooks version mandatory?
Yes, If you’re using QuickBooks services such as payroll, bank features, and syncing mobile apps with QB, So you won’t be able to use such services with an un-supported QuickBooks version.