Regular updates are essential for maintaining the accuracy and optimal performance of QuickBooks Payroll. However, the process of updating QuickBooks and its components often leads to various errors and glitches. One such error that users commonly encounter during Payroll updates is the Payroll subscription verification error 30159. When this error occurs, a message stating “Can’t Verify Payroll Subscription Error 30159” appears on the screen. The error typically arises when Intuit’s server fails to authenticate the user’s login credentials or when the Payroll subscription is inactive or expired. Additionally, there are other factors that can contribute to the occurrence of QuickBooks Error 30159, which we will discuss further in this article. To obtain detailed troubleshooting information, please refer to the complete article.
What Causes the 30159 Error in QuickBooks During Payroll Updates
It’s often seen that QuickBooks Error 30159 crops up when the payroll subscription has run its course. Below, you’ll find a rundown of issues that could potentially lead to this error within QuickBooks’ Payroll:
- The user’s payroll subscription has ended or isn’t currently active.
- There’s some kind of damage to QuickBooks’ paysub.ini file.
- The QuickBooks Desktop application in use is out of date.
- The Windows system or specific QuickBooks files have been infected by a virus or malware.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to upgrade your QuickBooks Desktop application to the most recent version before you go ahead with the problem-solving steps detailed later in this article.
Methods to overcome QuickBooks Error Message 30159
Here are some methods that can effectively help you resolve QuickBooks Error 30159 swiftly:
Method 1: Verify Your Payroll Subscription Status
A leading cause of the QuickBooks Error 30159 is the payroll subscription being inactive. Hence, it’s essential to verify the status of your subscription to fix the error. To do so, follow the steps outlined below:
- Start by opening your QuickBooks Desktop application. Then, select ‘My Payroll Services’ from the ‘Employees’ tab in the top section, followed by clicking on ‘Account and Billing Info’.
- Next, key in your login details and press ‘Sign In’.
- In the ‘Confirm your account information’ window, select the preferred method to verify your identity.
- You’ll receive a confirmation code either via your phone number or email. Once you have it, click ‘Continue’.
- In the ‘Enter your confirmation code’ window, input the 6-digit confirmation code you received and hit ‘Continue’.
- After you’ve successfully signed in, try updating your payroll tax tables once more to see if Error 30159 has been resolved. If the error continues, move on to the next troubleshooting step.
Method 2: Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159 by Fixing the paysub.ini File
Follow these steps to address the error by renaming the paysub.ini file:
- Append “.old” to the end of the paysub.ini filename. This prevents QuickBooks from using the potentially damaged file.
- Run QuickBooks Desktop again after renaming the file. This will trigger the creation of a new paysub.ini file that the system can use.
Please refer to step 2 in our article titled ‘Addressing Payroll Subscription Error PS036’ for more detailed instructions on renaming the paysub.ini file.
- Make sure you have the latest version of QuickBooks and payroll tax tables installed.
- Before performing any troubleshooting steps, create a backup of your company file to prevent data loss.
- Always run QuickBooks and related tools as an administrator.
- If the error persists after trying these methods, consider contacting QuickBooks support for further assistance at +1-877-548-7404.
Method 3: Update QuickBooks and fix QuickBooks Error 30159
- Close QuickBooks and ensure all QuickBooks-related processes are stopped.
- Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon and select “Run as administrator.”
- From the Help menu, choose “Update QuickBooks.”
- In the Update QuickBooks window, click on the “Update Now” tab.
- Checkmark the “Reset Update” box to remove previous updates.
- Click on the “Get Updates” button to start the update process.
- Once the update is complete, close and reopen QuickBooks check if you are still getting QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159.
Method 4: Run QuickBooks Tool Hub and Payroll Diagnostic Tool
- Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub from the official Intuit website.
- Close QuickBooks before running the tool.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and select the “Payroll Setup” tab.
- Click on the “Diagnose Files” option and wait for the process to complete.
- If any issues are found, follow the instructions to fix them.
- Once the diagnosis is complete, close the tool hub and check if you have removed the QuickBooks Error 30159.
Method 5: Verify EIN (Employer Identification Number) Information
- Open QuickBooks and navigate to the Employees menu.
- Select “My Payroll Service” and then “Manage Service Key.”
- Ensure that your Employer Identification Number (EIN) is correct.
- If the EIN is incorrect, contact the payroll service provider to update it.
Method 6: Remove QuickBooks Error 30159 by Rebuilding Company File
- Take a backup of your company file before proceeding.
- Open QuickBooks and go to the File menu.
- Select “Utilities” and then “Rebuild Data.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions and allow the rebuilding process to complete.
- Once the process is finished, close and reopen QuickBooks.
- Run the Verify Data utility to check for any remaining data issues also check if you have fixed the QuickBooks Error 30159.
Follow these methods and fix QuickBooks Error 30159 on mac
Note: It is always recommended to create a backup of your company file before performing any troubleshooting steps to avoid any accidental data loss.
Method 1: Verify Payroll Subscription
- Open QuickBooks on your Mac.
- From the main menu, go to “Employees” and select “My Payroll Service.”
- Click on “Account/Billing Information” and sign in to your Intuit account.
- Verify that your payroll subscription is active and up to date. If necessary, update or renew your subscription.
- Close QuickBooks and restart your Mac.
- Launch QuickBooks again and check if QuickBooks Error 30159 has been resolved. If the issue persists, move on to the next method.
Method 2: Disable Antivirus/Firewall Temporarily to fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159
- Open the antivirus or firewall software installed on your Mac.
- Temporarily disable the antivirus or firewall protection.
- Launch QuickBooks and check if the error persists.
- If the error is resolved after disabling the antivirus/firewall, contact the software provider for further assistance in configuring it to work properly with QuickBooks.
- Enable the antivirus/firewall protection after resolving the error.
- Restart your Mac and check if the error is permanently fixed. If not, try the next method.
Method 3: Fix QuickBooks Error 30159 with QuickBooks File Doctor
- Download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor tool from the official Intuit website.
- Launch the QuickBooks File Doctor application.
- Select the company file that is associated with the error message.
- Choose the option “Check your file” and then click on “Continue.”
- The tool will start scanning for any file-related issues and automatically repair them if possible.
- Once the repair process is completed, close the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- Restart your Mac and check if the error is resolved. If not, proceed to the next method.
Method 4: Update QuickBooks and Mac OS to eliminate Error 30159 in QuickBooks
- Launch QuickBooks on your Mac.
- Go to the “QuickBooks” menu and select “Check for QuickBooks Updates.”
- If there are any available updates, click on the “Install Update” button and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
- Once the update is finished, restart your Mac.
- After restarting, check if the QuickBooks Error 30159 is resolved. If not, proceed to the next method.
Updating MAC (Using the Software Update Feature)
Step 1: Connect to the Internet, Ensure your Mac is connected to a stable Internet connection. You can connect via Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
Step 2: Open the Apple Menu, Click on the Apple menu icon located at the top-left corner of your screen. A drop-down menu will appear.
Step 3: Select “System Preferences” In the drop-down menu, click on “System Preferences.” It will open a new window.
Step 4: Open “Software Update” Within the System Preferences window, locate and click on the “Software Update” icon. It resembles a blue circle with a white app store icon in the center.
Step 5: Check for Updates, Click on the “Check for Updates” button. Your Mac will now connect to Apple’s servers to check for available updates.
Step 6: Install Updates If any updates are available, they will appear in a list. Click on the “Update Now” button to install all the updates. Alternatively, you can select specific updates and click “Install” next to each one.
Step 7: Provide Administrator Password If prompted, enter your administrator password. This step is necessary to authorize the installation of system updates.
Step 8: Restart Your Mac After the updates are installed, you will be prompted to restart your Mac. Click on the “Restart” button to complete the update process. Check if you are able to fix the QuickBooks Error 30159 or not.
Method 5: Reinstall QuickBooks and fix QuickBooks Error 30159
- Uninstall QuickBooks from your Mac by dragging the application icon to the Trash.
- Empty the Trash to completely remove QuickBooks from your system.
- Download the latest version of QuickBooks from the official Intuit website.
- Install QuickBooks by following the on-screen instructions.
- Launch QuickBooks and re-register the software using your license and product information.
- Restore your company file from the backup or copy it to the appropriate location.
- Check if the QuickBooks Error Message 30159 is resolved after the reinstallation. If the error still persists, you may need to seek further technical support from Intuit.
In conclusion, if you’ve tried all the methods listed above and the QuickBooks payroll Error 30159 still persists, it might be time to get some expert help. Don’t hesitate to reach out to a QuickBooks Data Recovery Services Expert at +1-888-538-1314. They can provide advanced troubleshooting steps and more personalized assistance to resolve your issue. Remember, it’s crucial to maintain your software’s performance and integrity, and sometimes professional help is the most efficient way to do it.