Intuit is a company that wants to provide the best accounting solutions to businesses all over the world. They created QuickBooks software, which is perfect for mid-sized businesses, associations, and firms. QuickBooks has many features, such as automated payment scheduling, business analysis reports, inventory tracking, and multi-user mode. However, many users have reported encountering errors, with one of the most common being QuickBooks error H505.
If you see the following error message on your desktop screen, you are likely experiencing this error:
Error Code: H505
Error Description: This company file is located on another computer, and QuickBooks requires assistance connecting.
Table of Contents
If you are facing this error, don’t worry. This post can help you fix it. However, if you still need help or guidance, please call our toll-free number at +1-888-704-1357 to speak with our QuickBooks desktop support team. We are always ready to assist you and help you resolve the issue effectively.
What is QuickBooks Error Code H505?
QuickBooks Error code H505 manifests when the end user endeavors to procure the company Files or Data on a separate machine, which lacks appropriate establishment configuration, or when the machine demands supplementary installation or setup. This H series error is interrelated with predicaments concerning the hosting settings. The manifestation of this specific error code on the display screen is due to one or several machines being designated as the QuickBooks server by the user. It should be emphasized that the user’s machines can execute the multi-user functionality; however, the sole machine with the potential to operate as the host for the system that harbors the company files must be appropriately configured.
What could be causing QuickBooks error code H505?
Here are some possible reasons to check out:
- Your computer’s firewall might be blocking communication with the company file.
- The hosting configuration settings could be incorrect or improperly set up.
- QuickBooks may not be able to scan the files/folders with the Database server on the server.
- The .nd file might be damaged, missing, or incorrect.
- QuickBooks might be unable to trace the IP address of the computer.
- The QuickBooks DBXX service might not be running.
- DNS settings might be incorrect.
Wondering if your QuickBooks system is being affected by error H505?
Keep an eye out for these signs:
- The multi-User mode won’t work properly.
- QuickBooks might unexpectedly close a file or report you’re working on.
- Your system might start crashing more often.
- Your Windows operating system might become unresponsive.
- You won’t be able to access company data from the server.
- You might see error code H505 pop up on your screen frequently.
Here are some simple solutions you can try to fix H-series error codes in QuickBooks:
Solution 1: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is a quick and easy way to automatically scan and fix all file-related glitches. To use it, make sure that QuickBooks Tool Hub is installed on your server computer with network access. Then, install the QuickBooks Tool Hub and run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to get rid of all the bugs and glitches.
Solution 2: Verify QuickBooks services & hosting
Step 1: Verify the QuickBooks Desktop services
To start, make sure that the QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitor services are running. Follow these steps:
- Press the “Windows” or “Start” button.
- Press the “Window+R” keys.
- In the run box, type “MSC” and press the “Enter” tab.
- In the service window, search for “QuickBooksDBXX service“.
- If the QuickBooksDBXX service is not visible: Confirm that the Database Server Manager is installed on the server.
- Open the QuickBooks program if it’s running on the server.
- Make sure hosting is enabled by verifying it.
- Open the “QuickBooksDBXX” service and confirm that the startup type and service status have started.
- Click the “Recovery” tab and save the changes.
Step 2: Verify the hosting
- Open QuickBooks on each hosting computer.
- Go to “File” then “Utilities“.
- If you see “Host Multi-User Access” on the list, the computer is unable to host the file.
- If you see the “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access” option, choose it.
- Go to the “Company“.
- Choose the “File Must Be Closed” window.
- Click “Yes” to finish.”
Related Article: How to fix QuickBooks Error H202?
Solution 3: Configure Fire Program
Hey there! If you’re still experiencing Error H505 in QuickBooks, here’s another solution that might help.
- First, press the Windows key + R and type in “Control Panel” and press Enter.
- Next, search for “Windows Firewall” and click on it.
- Then, click on the “Allow an app through Windows Firewall” option.
- Click “Change Settings”.
- Look for QuickBooks in the list and checkmark the box under the Public list.
- If QuickBooks is not on the list, click on the “Allow another app” option and search for QuickBooks.
- Click OK and select the Public option for the application.
- Finally, click OK and try to open the company file again on your computer to see if the Error H505 has been resolved.
If you’re encountering the QuickBooks Error H505 due to network problems, there’s a chance that you may still face the same error or the issue may not be resolved despite attempting all the troubleshooting procedures. To get better support and assistance, we recommend that you contact QuickBooks Data Service Toll-Free Helpline Number at +1-888-704-1357.