QuickBooks Accountant\’s copy is one such feature that keeps QuickBooks way ahead in the competition with other business accounting suites. But sometimes user\’s reported an issue while importing the Accountant copy file into their QuickBooks and In layman\’s terms we call it \”QuickBooks crashes when importing accountant\’s changes\”. In the subsequent article, we have shared some insights about it why it occurs and how to rid of it.
Reasons for Quickbooks freezes when importing accountant changes
- Compatibility issue between QuickBooks versions.
Client: QuickBooks Desktop Pro or Premier 2022
Accountant: QuickBooks Pro Accountant Edition 2020
- Due to damage, you may also fail to import the accountant\’s copy file.
- Incorrect Dividing date, which restricts the accountant\’s copy file to modify entries in your company file.
Things should Consider before carrying out troubleshooting steps:
- Take a backup of the current state of your company file.
- Update your QuickBooks Desktop.
- While Importing an Accountant\’s copy make sure you are using QuickBooks as an admin user.
- Ensure you are connected with network while importing the accountant\’s changes.
Troubleshooting steps for QuickBooks unable to import accountant\’s copy
Method First: Use Tool Hub aka a One-stop solution
- To Download the Tool Hub, Go to the intuit official website or Click on Download now link.
- Next, Go to the Download Folder, and open Double-click on the \”quickbookstoolhub.exe\” file, to start the installation process.
- While installing follow all the on-screen instructions carefully.
- At last, Click on finish.
Method Second: Run Quick Fix my File utility from the tool hub
- Go to the Windows Desktop and then right-click on the Tool hub icon and select the \”Launch as an administrator\” option.
- Once the Tool Hub program load completely, then click on the \”Company File Problem\”, tab.
- In the \”Company File problem\” option, Click on the option \”Run Quick Fix my File\”.
- As a final step, Try to import the same accountant\’s copy file to check whether the Error [QuickBooks crashes when importing accountant\’s changes] is resolved or not.
Method Third: Use File Doctor to fix Quickbooks freezes when importing accountant changes
QuickBooks is known to fix corrupted company files and network-related glitches. Henceforth we have written below steps to fix the \”QuickBooks unable to import accountant\’s copy\”:
- Run the one-stop solution(Tool Hub).
- Next, In the Tool Hub Home window, select the company file problem tab.
- In the Company File issues or problem tab, Select option [Run File Doctor program].
Note: Launching a File Doctor program will take a short while.
- Choose the Repair Company File option.
- browse the company file and select it.
- Next, Click on the Repair button.
- In the end, Try to import the same accountant\’s copy file to ensure whether the file doctor repairs your company file or not.
We believe that the solutions addressed above by our experts would be sufficient to tackle QuickBooks crashes when importing accountant\’s changes. Nevertheless, If you\’re still not able to merge your accountant\’s copy with your company file, well that case I would ask you to contact QuickBooks Data Services experts by calling on toll-free helpline number +1-888-704-1357.
What to do when QuickBooks Clicking on Incorporate Accountant’s Changes Does Nothing?
Try to restart the system and then do it again.
What If my Quickbooks freezes when importing accountant changes?
You can use windows task manager to end-process the QuickBooks and then import the accountant’s copy file.
Related queries: QuickBooks Unable to import Accountant\'s changes, QuickBooks Problems importing accounting changes, QuickBooks 2020 crashing when I\'m using accountant\'s copy, QuickBooks accountant\'s copy import error, QuickBooks Clicking on Incorporate Accountant\'s Changes Does Nothing