Error 3371: Unable to not initialize license properties is quite a common blunder with QuickBooks Desktop. QuickBooks Error 3371 issue mainly yields while the user is registering product details or working with QuickBooks as usual. The Subsequent article is meant to fix Error 3371 in QuickBooks 2023.
Are you tired of being incompetent to rid of QuickBooks 2023 Error 3371? Feel Free to Place a call at +1-888-704-1357 and let QuickBooks Data Service professionals dismiss the issue from its roots.
What is QuickBooks 2023 Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
Message code 3371 in QuickBooks symbolizes that your QB is experiencing a problem in loading license-corresponding files. However, In some instances, users may encounter distinct variations of Error 3371, and we have displayed below common ones.
Could not initialize license Files. [ Error 3371: Status code -11119] Seems your files are missing or corrupted. Could not initialize license files. ( Error 3371, Status Code -11118), Seems your files are missing or corrupted. Could not initialize license Files. [Error: 3371, Status Code -11117] Seems your files are missing or corrupted.
Grounds for Error code 3371 in QuickBooks Desktop
- Essential Files and components are missing/corrupted, which are responsible for opening and verifying the QuickBooks Desktop user license.
- Users may experience error 3371 while using QuickBooks Desktop with the right networks.
- A corrupted QBregistration file can also bring forth a license issue.
- Maybe you are using an outdated or corrupted Windows MSXML component.
- A non-recommended Antivirus program can also cause a blunder in QuickBooks.
- Cracked QBD is also likely to induce a problem with QB.
Feasible ways to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 status code 11118
Throughout the internet, there are lots of ways explained by experts to resolve QuickBooks Desktop Error code 3371. However, our experts have cited below only possible ones.
#1: Edit the Name of the Entitlement File in Windows 7
Any kind of corruption in the Entitlement File can bring about the problem represented by the QuickBooks status code 11118. It may start to influence your software, which may result in it crashing more frequently. Consequently, if you have been encountering the error status code 11118 in your software, you will need to make some modifications to the name of this file. When you change its name, QuickBooks will immediately generate a new folder containing a copy of the Entitlement file. Users who are running Windows 7 could potentially benefit from this patch as well.
- To open or edit the Entitlement File go through this path: “C:\Program\Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v”.
- When you finally get to see the “Entitlement” folder, proceed with renaming it.
- Then visit to the QBDT, and the program will automatically generate a fresh folder.
- If you could not see the “Program Data” folder, go back to the “my computer”.
- Then move to the organize.
- Now press the Folder option.
- Choose the “Hidden Files and Folders” tab from the different options you can see inside the menu.
- Now, start the “QuickBooks” program once more on your computer that is running Windows 7.
Remove/ Delete the QB Entitlement
- Firstly, You should open the window “Task-Manager” by Pressing the “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” button.
- Next, Open Windows Explorer and copy the following address and (C: \ ProgramData \ Intuit \ Entitlement Client \ v8) paste it in the search bar to open intuit entitlement client Folder. (Alternatively, open run window and type the address mentioned earlier)
- In The Entitlement Folder Search for “EntitlementDataStore.ecml”.
- Select the EntitlementDataStore.ecml and Press “Shift + delete + Enter”.
- Reopen the QuickBooks Desktop program, and It will ask you to re-register your product details.
- Once Product registration is completed, you can try to use it to identify whether the bug is removed or not.
#2: Repair the QBRegistration.DAT File
It is possible that the accounting software will not be able to navigate through the QBRegistration.DAT file as a result of certain technological issues. In the event that the file has been corrupted, you can find yourself in this predicament. As a direct consequence of this, the QuickBooks error code 3371 might be thrown.
- Shut down the QuickBooks Application.
- To open the “Task Manager” press all these buttons simultaneously: “Ctrl” + “Shift” + “Delete”
- Go to the processes section inside the task manager.
- Here, you can find the “QBW32.exe”, right-click on it.
- Now choose the “End Process Tree” option.
- Next click on the OK button.
- Launch the Run dialog box by pressing “Windows key + R” together.
- Enter the given command inside the search area: “C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6”
- Next, simply click on OK.
- When the folder gets displayed, search for the “EntitlementDataStore.ecml”.
- Next, you can delete this file.
- To confirm, opt for “yes”.
- Proceed to the QBDT. Now is the time to begin working on it to check if the QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 has been fixed.
#3: Use One Stop Solution Tool Hub
- Download the latest version of the QBToolHub.exe file.
- Next, Double click on the Download Exe file to start the installation.
- Grant permission to install a new program in windows.
- Once the installation is complete, click on Finish.
- Next, Open Tool Hub Program.
- In-Home window, Select “Installation Issues“.
- In-Installation problem tab, Select “Fix Error 3371 in QuickBooks 2023“.
- A warning popup will appear, Click on “ok” to execute the repair process.
- This will delete files associated with QuickBooks registration.
- In the end, try to use your QuickBooks.
#4: Remove any Fishy Antivirus Program
If you have downloaded any third-party anti-malware program into your PC then you should also check its credibility. As of now, there are tons of antivirus programs found around the web and it might be possible that this app acts weird while running. We suggest you to disable or permanently remove such kinds of software from your system as these can’t be trusted and can steal a big chunk of your data.
#5: Terminate all running QuickBooks-related processes
- In this part, you will first be required to close down QuickBooks.
- Additionally, terminate all open instances of QuickBooks.
- In the Run window, enter “C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8,” and then click the OK tab to confirm your entry.
- Launch the Task Manager at this time.
- Click the tab labeled Processes, and then look for all occurrences of the QBW32.exe file.
- Select each instance one at a time, and then select the option to end the task.
- You will now need to delete the entitlementDataStore.ecml file, then opens the QuickBooks company file in order to complete the applicable registration process.
#6: Use the legitimate QuickBooks
If you have intentionally or unintentionally downloaded a cracked version of the QuickBooks Desktop, remove it immediately. As this program cannot run as a whole and never will be and will always put you into some kind of problem. Therefore it is recommended to download and use the software from the official website only if you do not want your data to be compromised.
Perform a Clean Installation of QuickBooks
Follow the instructions for a clean installation of QuickBooks in order to fix any problems associated with QuickBooks. In this approach, it is necessary for you to utilize the Clean Install Tool in order to remove the software after it has been installed.
After that is finished, you will need to restart your computer and then reinstall the QuickBooks program using the license and product keys that were made available to you at the time that you purchased the software.
#7: Update your Windows system drivers
Make sure that all of the available updates for Windows have been installed.
- To begin, you should select the Windows or Start icon.
- After that, click the icon that looks like a group of programs.
- Find the icon for Windows Update and click on it.
- After you’ve downloaded the most recent Windows update, go ahead and run it.
- After that, all you need to do to finish the installation process is follow the instructions that are displayed on the screen.
- After you’ve successfully completed it, you should reinstall the QuickBooks application.
#8: Upgrade the Windows to fix Error code 3371 in Quickbooks Desktop
Running a more recent version of QuickBooks on an older version of the Windows Operating System can eventually cause the software to become unusable. There is a possibility that the system will not be able to support it, which may result in the issue 3371 status code 11118 for QuickBooks Desktop. As a result, it is essential for you to seek upgrades within the Update & Security function, so make sure you visit there. After going through it, you are free to start downloading and installing the files as soon as possible in order to fix the 3371 error code.
- Navigate to the section of your system called “Settings.”
- After that, it is necessary to click the tab labeled “Update & Security.”
- Following this, navigate to the left panel and select “Windows Update” from the menu.
- Select the “Check for Updates” option from the menu.
- In the event that a more recent version of the Windows operating system has been made available, the update will be downloaded immediately.
You will need to restart your computer in order for the changes to take effect. Even after the error 3371 in QuickBooks Desktop has been fixed, you still need to make sure that you check to see if there are any updates available. Install them as soon as possible after they have been made available. If you follow these steps, you will be able to avoid a mistake.
This article has embedded the most prevailing techniques to annihilate QuickBooks Error 3371 status code 11118. But if the problem persists, though you have heeded the technical steps ideally, So there may be a circumstance in your QuickBooks that requires supplementary aid to fix it. To reach our qualified pro-advisors assistance, Dial +1-888-704-1357.