QuickBooks Error Code C=47, typically encountered when posting payments to customers or during server 2008 cleanup, can disrupt your workflow with a message stating it’s unable to find the transaction. This issue, often arising from web browser configuration problems, highlights the complexities within QuickBooks’ features and functionalities. Although closing and reopening QuickBooks can offer a temporary fix, the error’s recurrence suggests more intricate software-related causes. Detailed in this article are simple steps and solutions to address QuickBooks Error C=47, alongside an exploration of its causes.
For those seeking additional guidance or facing persistent issues, contacting QuickBooks’ Data Service team is recommended for expert assistance in permanently resolving this error.
What Does QuickBooks Error C=47 Mean?
Error Code C=47 in QuickBooks typically manifests due to incorrect Internet Explorer settings for certain secure websites. Users often encounter this error while cleaning up on Windows Server 2008. It signals a problem with locating transactions and updating them, commonly occurring when attempting to delete transactions from a report. Additionally, users may encounter related error messages:
|Error C=47||Displays as “Error has occurred in QuickBooks, please restart the computer,” but persists even after restarting.|
|Unexpected Error||Shows “An error has occurred in QuickBooks.” It advises restarting QuickBooks and trying again, with instructions to note the C=value and contact technical support if the issue continues. Error: C=47|
Common Reasons For QuickBooks Error C=47
Understanding the causes of QuickBooks Error Code C-47 is crucial for effective troubleshooting. This error generally arises due to a variety of factors:
- File Corruption or Damage: One of the primary reasons is the corruption or damage of QuickBooks data files. This can disrupt the software’s functionality, leading to the error.
- Editing Entries in QuickBooks: Making changes or editing entries within QuickBooks can sometimes trigger this error, indicating sensitivity in data handling within the software.
- Presence of Old Backup Files: Having an outdated or old backup of the QuickBooks data file on your system can conflict with current operations, resulting in Error C-47.
- Improper Internet Explorer Configuration: QuickBooks relies on specific settings in Internet Explorer for some of its functions. Incorrect configuration, particularly in SSL settings, can lead to this error.
- Transaction Log File in a Corrupted Folder: If the transaction log file is stored in a folder that has become corrupted, this can cause Error C-47 to occur, as QuickBooks is unable to process these transactions properly.
Addressing these issues involves checking and rectifying file integrity, updating backups, ensuring proper settings in Internet Explorer, and managing the location and health of transaction log files.
Signs of QuickBooks Error Code C=47
The symptoms for QuickBooks Error C-47, as suggested by the error sequence mentioned, typically include the following indicators:
- Frequent Crashing of QuickBooks: The software may unexpectedly shut down or crash regularly, disrupting normal operations.
- Error Messages in QBWin.Log: Specific error messages and codes, such as “ErrorCode:1995052198,” are recorded in the QBWin.Log file, indicating underlying issues.
- Disabled Features: Certain features in QuickBooks, like the ‘ShowSeeHistoryLink’, might be disabled, as noted in the log entry with the time stamp and message indicating the feature is turned off.
- Lock File Issues: Problems with lock files, such as inability to find or access them (e.g., “Wheeler Logistics.QBW.LCK can’t be found. Error = 2”), which are essential for QuickBooks file integrity and access control.
- Error Messages Related to File Management: Entries in the log like “idbfilemgr.cpp (2792) : CHECKPOINT” suggest issues with the internal database file management system of QuickBooks.
These symptoms can help in identifying and troubleshooting the specific causes of Error C-47 in QuickBooks.
Methods to remove QuickBooks Error C=47
Several effective solutions are available to resolve QuickBooks Error Code C-47. Here’s a look at some of the most reliable options:
Method 1: Update QBD to Fix QuickBooks Error C=47
To resolve Error C-47 in QuickBooks, updating the software might be effective. Here’s how to proceed:
- Check for Updates: Begin by ensuring your QuickBooks software is up-to-date. If it’s not, update it before moving to the next steps.
- Resort Files: After updating, your next task is to reorganize all the files within QuickBooks.
- Access Chart of Accounts: Navigate to the ‘List‘ option, and from there, go to the ‘Chart of Accounts‘.
- Sorting Options: Click on the ‘View‘ option and then select the ‘Re-sort‘ option.
- Modify and Save: A list of all items will appear. Make any necessary changes and then save your adjustments.
- Repeat for Customers: Apply the same process to the customer section. Go to the ‘Customer Center‘, access the ‘Jobs List‘, click on ‘View‘, and then sort the entries.
- Close QuickBooks: Once all steps are completed, close QuickBooks.
- Restart Your Computer: Finally, restart your computer to ensure all changes take effect and the error is potentially resolved.
Method 2: Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
To address QuickBooks Error Code C-47, installing and using the QuickBooks Tool Hub can be effective. This tool helps with network issues, company file damage, and performance problems. Here’s how to use it:
- Close your QuickBooks application.
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file from the official QuickBooks site.
- Open the downloaded QuickBookstoolhub.exe file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the tool, agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- After installation, select ‘Finish’.
- To open the tool hub, double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon on your Windows desktop.
Next, use the tool hub to fix the problem:
- In the QuickBooks Tool Hub, select ‘Program Problems’.
- Click on ‘Quick Fix my Program’.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and load your data file.
If the error still occurs after these steps, proceed to Method 3 as outlined later in the article.
Resolving errors in QuickBooks, such as the Error Code C-47, can be challenging without clear guidance on the necessary steps. We hope that by the end of this discussion, readers have gained the knowledge to effectively remove this error from its core. If you’re still encountering difficulties, we recommend reaching out to our technical experts at +1-888-538-1314. Our proficient QuickBooks Data Service team is available 24/7 to offer prompt support and assistance.