What is QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool and how does it works?
QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery (ADR) is an advanced and in-built tool of the QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT). QuickBooks users often take the assistance of this tool in order to gain their lost data or to recover corrupted company data. There are only two solutions through which you can recover your data files. The first one is using the Transaction Log (.TLG Log) file and a copy of the Company file (.QBW). The second one is using a copy of both .QBW file and .TLG file.
Note: If you are using the QuickBooks® Pro, Premier, and Enterprise Editions for Windows then only you can use this ADR feature. You can only use this tool if your company file to be recovered is less than 1.5 GB.
Methods to recover QuickBooks Data Files using Auto Data Recovery Tool
One. Recover company files and recent transactions using .QBW.adr and .TLG.adr files
This method will be using the ADR version of both the .QBW and .TLG files. It will only recover the last 12 hours of transactions.
- Take a suitable location, say your desktop and create a folder named QBTest.
- Locate where your company file folder is and open it, lookout for the QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery folder.
- Next checkout for these files .TLG.adr and .QBW.adr. If you cannot either identify your .TLG.adr and .QBW.adr files or cannot see the file extensions, follow these short steps:
- Click on the folder icon located on the taskbar of your version of windows to open file explorer.
- Here click on view >> show and then from a dropdown menu, select the \’hidden items\’.
- In this way, you will come across the hidden files or folders and can also identify .TLG.adr and .QBW.adr files clearly.
- Now copy these two files .TLG.adr and .QBW.adr and paste them onto the QBTest folder.
- From the tail of these two files remove the .adr. It will now provide you with the .qbw and .tlg files in your QBTest folder.
- You can now open the QuickBooks and can also check if the file is recovered successfully or not. To do this follow the next set of steps.
- Open the company file which was previously saved on your QBTest folder. Also, verify whether all the transactions are there or not.
- Do check the data by clicking on the File >> Utilities >> Verify Data.
- If this copy of the company file is fair enough then move the correct company file from QBTest to the original location.