Are you complaining about QuickBooks Outlook is not responding after the upgrade? If you are looking for a guide on How to eradicate the QuickBooks outlook email not working issue, So you are at the correct place to find the right answer on Why the QuickBooks is not sending email problem transpires and how to remove and tackle such email problem in QuickBooks.
Is your QuickBooks showing the error code “QuickBooks Outlook is not responding“? You can either follow the subsequent troubleshooting steps to remove the emailing problem or let us troubleshoot by calling +1-888-704-1357.
Reason for Unable to send email in QuickBooks 2023
There can be abundant grounds to crop-up emails not working in QuickBooks 2023. Still, we have written below the most common reasons.
- Mapi32.dll isn’t in good shape or damaged.
- You have chosen incorrect email preferences.
- A Damaged windows user.
- Maybe the user you are using to send email has no right to perform email-related tasks.
- You are using an incompatible outlook version which is causing QuickBooks Freezing when trying to connect to Outlook.
- Corrupted transactions in the company file can also lead the QuickBooks Outlook unable to send email problems.
- You are using an Outdated OS such as windows 7, 8 or 10.
- The outdated QuickBooks Desktop version also causes the email error in QuickBooks.
Steps to surmount “QuickBooks Outlook Email not working”
Here are the steps you can follow to resolve the email issue in QuickBooks 2021/ 2022/ 2023:
Verify and set the email preferences for QuickBooks
- To begin, launch QuickBooks, and after it’s open, select the “EDIT” tab from the menu that appears.
- From the list of settings that are accessible, select “Send Forms.”
- Now, navigate to the “My Preferences” tab and choose the “Send Email” option from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Clicking OK will take you to the next step.
- Click “Edit” again, and then select “Preferences” from the drop-down menu that appears.
- After making your selection, navigate to the “My Preference” tab of the menu that appears.
- After entering the data, click on the QuickBooks icon, and then select the “OK” button.
- Select the “Edit” menu option, then click the “Preferences” button.
- Choose Outlook, then click the OK button on the toolbar.
- Now, close the QuickBooks application and launch outlook by clicking there.
- You will need to restart your PC before making another attempt to send an email using QuickBooks.
Make sure QuickBooks is running in the admin mode
- Select Properties from the context menu that appears after you right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon located on your Windows Desktop.
- To run a program with administrative privileges, go to the Compatibility tab and make sure the Run this Program as Administrator checkbox in the Privilege Level section is checked.
- Click the Apply button, and then select OK if the choice is already selected.
- You should try restarting your computer and seeing if it fixes the issue.
Fix the corrupted MAP132.dll file
Are you seeking for a solution in fixing the problem if QuickBooks and Outlook do not respond to each other? You can proceed by following the steps that are stated below:
- To begin, you will need to end any applications that are now active on your Windows computer.
- Now, launch the Window File Manager application and navigate to the C:\ Windows\ System32 folder.
- The next step is to locate the file named Fixmapi.exe and then double-click on it.
- Once the tool has located the MAP132.dll file, you will need to navigate to QuickBooks and then attempt to send an email in order to check the status of the QuickBooks Outlook is not responding.
Re-install QuickBooks using Clean Install Tool
Note: Before you begin implementing this strategy, we strongly recommend that you write down the License number and Product ID for the version of QuickBooks that you are now using.
- To begin, you need to exit all of the applications and programs that are now running.
- The next step is to launch the Task Manager and check that all QuickBooks processes have been terminated before continuing.
- After that, you will need to rename all of the QuickBooks apps and program files by downloading the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool and then running it.
- It is necessary for you to restart your computer at this time.
- Additionally, you are required to rename the remaining folders manually.
- After that, you should remove QuickBooks and then restart your computer.
- Before moving forward, you will need to either install QuickBooks using a CD containing the installation software or download it from an online source. After you have completed the installation, you will be prompted to input your product ID and license number.
- After the QuickBooks software has been reactivated and the installation procedure has been completed, you will need to update both the application and the company file.
- In conclusion, you should send an email to see if your problem has been resolved or not.
If the provided solutions do not have any effect on your QuickBooks Freezing when trying to connect to Outlook then you can also move on to these additional solutions that are system specific.
Start the outlook in safe mode
In the event that Outlook stops responding while on a screen that reads “Processing,” you can fix the issue by quitting Outlook, starting it up in safe mode, quitting it again, and then opening it normally.
- Close the Outlook app.
- You can launch outlook in safe mode using these three options:
- In the windows 10 click on the windows icon and type Outlook.exe/safe and hit the enter key.
- You can also do the same thing with the other version of the windows and launch the outlook in safe mode.
- Now close the outlook app and then try to open it again with the QuickBooks.
Repair your Outlook data files
An Inbox Repair Tool (SCANSPST.EXE) is also installed on your personal computer when you install Microsoft Office. The Inbox Repair Tool can fix problems by inspecting the data files in your Outlook client and corrects any faults that it finds.
If you want to use the Inbox repair tool, first close the outlook and then go to the repair outlook data files (.pst and .ost).
- First, go to the following locations of the files:
- Outlook 2019: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
- Outlook 2016: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
- Outlook 2013: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
- Outlook 2010: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
- Outlook 2007: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
- Now open this exe file SCANPST.EXE.
- Next, choose the browse and select the .pst file that you would like to scan.
Note that while the scan is running, a brand-new log file will be generated automatically. You have the option of selecting Options and selecting “Do not generate a log,” or you have the option of selecting “Append results to an existing log file.”
- Now hit on the start to begin the scan.
- If the scan founds any issues then click on the repair button to start the process and fix the errors.
Note that while the repair is being done, the scan will make a backup file for you. Enter a new name for this backup file in the box labeled “Enter name of backup file,” or choose to Browse to locate and pick the backup file you wish to use. Changing the default name of this backup file will also alter its location. It is possible that in order to repair your Outlook Data File, you will need to run the tool more than once. If an item has been erased permanently or its data has been corrupted beyond repair, it is possible that it cannot be recovered.
- When the repair is finished start the outlook app with the profile that is linked to the outlook data file you currently repaired.
Reset your outlook account
If you continue to have this issue despite the fact that both your Mac and Outlook are linked to a reliable network, you should think about resetting your account. In order to accomplish this task, you will need to remove your account from Outlook and then re-add it later.
- Open the outlook application and then go to the tools and next to accounts.
- Now navigate to the account settings and choose the account that you wish to remove.
- Next, click on the delete button and confirm that you want to remove this account.
- Again launch the outlook and then add the account details to reset it.
Boot Mac in Safe Mode
In the event that there is a problem with a component of the Mac’s network or security system that is preventing Outlook from functioning, you should instead boot it up in the safe mode.
- Shut down all the actively running apps and then restart your system.
- Keep pressing and holding the Shift key for a few moments, and then let go of it after the Mac has started up in safe mode.
- Now login into your user account and start the outlook in safe mode.
Run Outlook Diagnostics
On a Mac, each data record is stored independently, in contrast to Windows, which uses OST files to store Outlook data. Because of this, the presence of numerous records in the system can occasionally result in an undesirable conflict. If you’re having trouble, you might want to try removing unnecessary records from your Mac.
- Close the outlook and then go to the finder.
- Navigate to the following location: ~/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2011 Identities/Main Identity/Data Records/Messages.
- Now carefully go through the records and remove the content that you do not require.
- Once this process is completed, launch outlook again and check whether it works fine or not.
Above, we have addressed all the potential techniques to get over QuickBooks unable to send email through outlook. However, If you are still incompetent in mending the QuickBooks Outlook error, feel free to contact us for on-the-spot assistance by placing the QuickBooks Data Service Toll-Free Helpline number +1-888-704-1357.